27four Investment Managers
25th January 2019
10 things to consider for your financial well-being this year
These points are of a general nature and may not be specific to your needs. They are seen as general tips provided by a financial advisor within the 27four network. Financial planning requires a deeper understanding of your financial needs and thus recommend a suitable financial plan specific to your needs. If you require the help of a financial advisor you can get in touch with our client services team who will be able to assist you.
- Find out if you’ve utilised your full allowable retirement annuity contributions for tax benefits. Contact your financial services provider or your advisor.
- Got married or had kids over the past year? Ensure your will is up to date. If you don’t yet have a will, now may be a good time to start – speak to our client services team who will be happy to get you started.
- Use a tax-free savings account to benefit from long-term tax savings or top-up your existing tax-free savings account (in line with the annual prescribed limit of R33 000).
- Reduce your estate by using your annual donations tax-free allowance up to a maximum of R100 000,00.
- You could take advantage of your Capital Gains Tax (CGT) exemption at R40 000,00 per annum by selling growth assets.
- If you pay provisional tax ensure you submit your provisional tax return in time.
- Research and compare fees across service providers to ensure you are paying affordable fees and in line with your needs. Consult with a service provider or your financial advisor.
- Get a complete Financial Needs Analysis (FNA) done to ensure you are on track towards retirement and have sufficient cover.
- Check and update your beneficiary nomination/s on your policies.
- Make sure you have an emergency fund 3 times that of your monthly salary through an easily accessible short-term investment vehicle.
Disclaimer: This document is strictly for information purposes only and should not be considered as an offer, or solicitation, to deal in any of the investments mentioned herein. Any information and opinions contained in this communication, and any supplemental information provided, is believed to be reliable but no representation or warranty is given as to its correctness, accuracy or completeness. Any representation or opinion is provided for information purposes only. We do not undertake to update, modify or amend the information on a frequent basis or to advise any person if such information subsequently becomes inaccurate. It is not intended to create, and shall not be capable of creating, any obligation or liability on the part of 27four Investment Managers or any of its affiliates, and shall not form part of any contract We are not acting and do not purport to act in any way as an advisor or in a fiduciary capacity. Any decision to invest must be made by the recipient solely on the basis of its own independent judgement and research and subject to the terms and conditions governing applications to any relevant fund. No one should act upon such information or opinion without appropriate professional advice after a thorough examination of a particular situation. 27four Investment Managers will not be held liable or responsible for any direct or consequential loss or damage suffered by any party as a result of that party acting on or failing to act on the basis of the information provided in this document. This document may not be amended, reproduced, distributed or published without the prior written consent of 27four Investment Managers. 27four Investment Managers is an authorised financial services provider with license number 31045.