27four Investment Managers
19th June 2018
10 Questions With The Team at 27four | Chad Potter
In this series, we ask members from our team a mix of random questions, 10 to be exact, and see what’s on their mind – the projects they’re working on, things they like, and some surprising facts from the people that are living investments.
We’re joined by Chad Potter who recently joined 27four as part our unlisted investments team.
What major projects are in the pipeline now?
The unlisted investments team is currently working on a number of projects that can be categorised into: 1) fundraising activities and 2) investment activities.
I am currently working on:
- Confirmatory due diligence for a potential investment into a healthcare fund, which builds and runs hospitals in rural, peri-urban and urban areas and supports 27four’s vision of supporting and making real change to the economy in terms of inclusive economic growth, job creation and transformation.
- Fund raise from a large retirement fund for black private markets manager incubation to support first time fund managers.
- Targeting additional capital from certain retirement funds for the Black Business Growth Fund to achieve our targeted fund size of R1.5bn.
- Supporting a fund-raise from foreign investment banks for empowerment financing targeting around R1.5bn in size.
What is the most interesting thing you’ve read or seen this week?
Recently read an article about edible packaging for water to replace water bottles. The packaging has been invented at a London-based university and is biodegradable, durable and cheap. It’s made from seaweed.
What would you name your boat if you had one?
Discovery and the life boat – Enterprise.
What’s the most beautiful place you’ve ever been?
It depends, Antigua for pure natural beauty and ocean life. Kazakhstan for the unique culture and stunning and sometimes alien landscapes, Grand Canyon in the US for its vastness.
If you had a time machine, where would you go right now?
A tough one – if going back in time, then maybe the Dinosaur age to walk among them. Or if travelling to the future, a time where humans have developed the technology to travel through outer space and have colonised other planets.
Is there life on mars?
Maybe, the universe is too large not for life to exist elsewhere, why not Mars!
Are you more of a hunter or gatherer?
A bit of both depending on the circumstances!
What are you working towards in your free time?
- A better golf swing.
- Teaching my son to: play golf, ride a bike, play rugby and the world around him.
- Completing my decking in the backyard.
- Spending loads of time with family.
Teach me something we probably don’t know.
The country with the most time zones in the world is…France (due to its overseas territories).