How To Invest

How To Invest

To start investing with 27four, use the simple Invest Online application process by clicking on the tab below. Alternatively, you can download the relevant application form and follow the easy 5 step process. Should you require more information, please contact us on 011 442 2464 or send an email to


Invest Online > Need Advice? >
Step 2
Deposit your investment into the bank account as per the application form.
Step 3
Email your completed application form and supporting documents to
Step 4
Our client services department will send you an email confirming your investment.
Step 5
Investor statements are directly accessible by logging on to the 27four Online Portal on the top right hand corner of this page.
Frequently Asked Questions:

What FICA should I include with my application forms?

Your FICA is a requirement for the processing of your investment.

A combination of the following must be included in terms of the FICA Act:

  • Identity or Passport documents of the investor
  • Utility bill as proof of residence (not older than 3 months)
  • Proof of bank (either a recent bank statement, letter to confirm bank details or cancelled cheque will be accepted)
  • In the case of lump sum investments, proof of payment must be provided.

What are the minimum investment amounts?

For unit trusts a lump sum of R10 000 and/or a monthly debit order of R500.

For retirement annuities a lump sum of R20 000 and/or a monthly debit order of R500.

For preservation funds a lump sum of R100 000.

How do I create my initial investment account with 27four Investment Managers?

You need to complete an application form and provide us with all the documents requested on the form. Where your investment is a lump sum you will also need to provide us with the proof of payment.

Who should I contact regarding matters of my investment?

For information on your investment values you can log on to our secure portal, contact your financial advisor or contact us on 011 442 2464.

How do I add additional funds to my investment?

For unit trusts and retirement annuities you need to complete an additional form. The law doesn’t allow you to add onto your preservation fund investment.

How do I redeem funds from my investment?

For unit trusts you need to complete the redemption form . You can only access your retirement annuity benefit from age 55 or if you are immigrating, please contact us to assist you with this.
For your preservation fund benefit you can take one cash withdrawal before retire, which is any time after age 55, please contact us to assist you with this.

Does 27four Investment Managers offer advice and what is the right product for me?

27four Investment Managers will not be able to offer advice but does have a network of recommended financial advisors.
Our product brochures provide information which could assist you in deciding which product is most appropriate for you.

Where can I find more information on the performance of my fund?

We publish monthly fund fact sheets that provide information on performance or you can logon to our secure portal and view your investment values.

How can I update 27four with my details?

Please forward an email to advising us of any change.

What is the process if I want to move my funds to a different product?

You will need to complete a switch form.

How do I register or make use of the 27four Online Portal?

All 27four direct investors can access the portal. To register you will need your unique investor number which is shown on your investment statement. Once registered you will be able to access the portal and view information on your investment and request tax certificates online.

Where can I find more information on the 27four product range?

Our product brochures provide information on the products we offer. Should you need more information please contact us on 011 442 2464.

How can I contact the team at 27four Investment Managers?

You can call us on 011 442 2464 or email

What is a Retirement Annuity, Preservation Fund or Living Annuity?

A retirement annuity is a personal pension fund and is used to invest for retirement. The biggest advantage of this type of investment is that there are tax breaks for both investments made into the fund and the growth of the investment in the fund. For more information on this please contact your financial advisor or email us at

A preservation pension/provident fund is used to preserve benefits from employer pension/provident funds when you change jobs. Preserving your pension/provident fund benefit when you change jobs is one of the most important ways in which to invest for retirement. For more information on this please contact your financial advisor or email us at

A living annuity provides a pension when you retire from your employer’s pension/provident fund and/or a retirement annuity. You can choose an annual pension of between 2.5% to 17.5% of the value of the lump sum you transfer from your pension/provident or retirement annuity fund.

What is a Discretionary Savings investment?

This is any other investment that is not a retirement annuity, preservation fund or living annuity. In terms of our offering it would be a direct investment in one of the unit trusts.