Your participation in the 15th annual BEE.conomics Transformation in South African Asset Management Survey 2023 begins here. If you are a qualifying asset manager and have not received the questionnaire/s please email email@example.com
Firms that operate in both public and private markets must submit both questionnaires and provide information specific to each business unit.
The annual survey has earned its position as the foremost source of reliable data on transformation trends in the South African asset management subsector. It is widely referenced by asset owners, asset consultants, asset managers and policy makers. The study gathers valuable information from industry participants and publishes the most comprehensive review of the industry.
We recommend that you start the questionnaire sooner rather than later and fill in details you have now and others when they become available to you.
- The company is at least 51% black-owned where black people hold at least 51% of the economic interest and where black people hold at least 51% of the exercisable voting rights.
- At least 51% of the company’s Board of Directors are black.
- At least 51% of the company’s senior Portfolio Managers are black.
- The company is registered with the Financial Sector Conduct Authority for the business that the company carries out.
- The company meets the definition of a Black Private Equity Manager according to the Amended Financial Services Sector Code of 2017 (for all funds submitted).
- Ownership of the manager: At least 51% of each private equity fund’s exercisable voting rights associated with the equity instruments through which the private equity fund holds rights of ownership are held by Black people?
- Senior team: At least 51% of each private equity fund’s executive management and senior management are Black people.
- Share of economics: At least 51% of the profits made by each private equity fund manager after realising any investment made by it, by written agreement, accrue to black people.
- Manager status: Each private equity fund manager is a Black owned company as defined.
- Portfolio company ownership status: Over the term of each fund, will the private equity fund manager invest at least 51% of the value of the South African funds in management in companies that have at least a 25% direct Black shareholding, post investment of the investment by the private equity fund, using the modified flow-through principle?
- The management company is registered with the Financial Sector Conduct Authority for the business that the company carries out.